#1 justcrash

justcrash

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

Hey all, is there a repository online somewhere of tones we can download and try out? Maybe one with a rating system? I'd like to see how others have set up their stuff to make sure I am getting the most out of what I have. :)

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15359 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

http://customtone.com

think they are all mixed in with the hd500 tones though.

#3 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:09 AM

I would also recommend Glenn DeLaune. At the cost of a cup of coffee and a croissant at Starbucks, you will get some of the best patches created to date (my opinion) and an education. Search for him on Youtube as well because his videos are very informative.

http://www.glenndela...h downloads.htm

#4 justcrash

justcrash

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:44 AM

Thanks, guys! Are Glenn's patches good in live settings? I seen a series of youtube videos about getting certain artist tones, it was just a video of the edit software and a guy talking over it.

#5 cruisinon2

cruisinon2

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:56 AM

Thanks, guys! Are Glenn's patches good in live settings? I seen a series of youtube videos about getting certain artist tones, it was just a video of the edit software and a guy talking over it.

Only one way to find out...too many variables to predict whether or not somebody else's patches are gonna work for you. Truth is, on a good day you will only be able to use them as a starting point. And it's debatable whether or not that saves you any time, compared to starting from scratch. The more familiar with the unit you get, odds are you'll find it easier to just do it yourself. Tweaking is inevitable no matter what you do.

#6 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:16 AM

He has a set designed to go into the front of a clean amp or fx loop for live situations.

Yes, you are going to have to teach yourself and learn how to use the unit and coax out of it your sound, but part of learning anything is studying the work of others. Customtone is a great source in my opinion, but there are a lot of variables. Glenn is a professional musician with a lot of recording experience and he explains what he does and how he does it. That goes a long way when you start creating your own patches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users