3 replies to this topic

#1 jmeunier

jmeunier

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

Searched around this forum, but haven't really seen too many topics that address this question.

I'm currently using a DT25 with an HD500 and a JTV-89F.  Love this combination of equipment.

However, I'm wondering if I'd gain anything sound-wise by upgrading the DT25 to a DT50 212?  Would love to hear from folks that have made this upgrade.  IF I could sell the DT25, I'd be out $700-$800 after purchasing the 50, so wondering if it's worth the extra cash.

Thanks

Jay

#2 radatats

radatats

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

not worth it in my opinion.  What DT25 do you have?  I have the head and can easily power 2 2X12 cabs, should be more than enough especially if you mike it or send a feed to the PA.  You may gain a little clean headroom at volume but is that worth $700-800?  Even with the combo you can still add another cab and grow your sound...

Picture4.png

#3 Metalchef

Metalchef

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

I started with the DT50 2x12 so have no judgement on the DT 25. I love my rig and with the last firmware update I love it even more. No complaints and have always been able to achieve any sound I've set out for. One of my favorite Models is a less heard of one. I love the Divided by 13 model. A shame u don't see it mentioned much. But having a full dream rig already you know this.
Yes I hear the cries of the carrots.... For it is harvest day and to them it is the Holocaust..... So I say let the rabbits wear glasses....

#4 spaceatl

spaceatl

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4686 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

I have a DT25 head/cab and a DT50 112....Overall, the DT50 is a better sounding amp to me...Better feeling too...

It's the clean tones that suffer on a DT25 when you compare it directly to a dt50....If you like Fender spank, the DT25 falls short because it is way under powered for that...Even the DT50 is under powered...But the EL34s are a little better than EL84s when trying to mimic what's really a 6L6...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users