Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ux2 Noise

The problem I'm having with my UX2 is that there is a strange white noise / humming sound coming from it. When I have my hand over the fret board muting the strings there is no noise but if there is any kind of sound coming from the guitar then the noise is there and it is really noticeable whilst muted notes.

Here is a small clip demonstrating my issue.

https://soundcloud.com/kroftey/noise

I have tried the pad input, another guitar cable, three other guitars, a different computer and a different USB cable. The noise is also there with a mic connected to the ux2 and even with nothing connected to the ux2. I'm pretty sure its not the pod farm patch either as I have tried multiple patches and amplitube just to test so I'm not sure what else to try. Cheers for the responses so far though

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have the noise with plugged laptop. But once I disconnect the power and run on battery, the noise disappears.

Please advice how to fix or what is the problem?

Guitar cables and USB cables are fine.

Using UX2

HP laptop

Window 8.1