Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Touch Screen And Screen Calibrate Failure

This behavior started on day one, first time I powered up the unit. I didn't think much of it after I successfully did the screen calibrate, but then the problem returned this Saturday, and then again last night at a gig I was running sound for, and recording.

Last night was the worst of the episodes - the screen calibrate also didn't work properly. I entered setup mode, chose screen calibrate, and it briefly flashed the red cross, then returned instantly to the setup menu without letting me do the actual calibration.

I had to power cycle the unit at least 15 times before I was able to get it to FINALLY allow me to perform the screen calibrate.

I am guessing this is either defective hardware or I need to reinstall the firmware. I just opened a support ticket, but I thought I would inquire here as well.

It was a scary ten minutes or so, where I couldn't run any cable or mics until I knew the M20d would work. I kept rebooting and power cycling, trying things like SD card in, SD card out, etc. Nothing obvious caused it to allow me to do the actual 5 point screen calibration process. I literally got it running, and had just wired up the vocal mic when the performer arrived to the gig. Not a good feeling..

Overall, the gig went very well, and despite rather low recording signal levels, everything seems to have recorded complete, and sounded fine on first, brief listen at 1am (and I woke up for work at 6am today... )

Anyhow, I will also run this past my Sweetwater rep, I just bought this gear less than 15 days ago, so I may end up exchanging it for a new unit.

Thanks!

I will check my firmware tonight, and also buy a new 'approved' SD card. I believe the card I have is on the list of OK cards, and it's a 32G.

One thing I did think of while pondering it today, was that I had left the setup "scene' or whatever it's called up each time when powering down, and the setup would load each time I was having this problem. The inputs were all defined as I had last used them, and I thought that could be possibly the issue if I was doing something wrong, in terms of booting up with the SD card in or not in, and also was wondering if it made any difference to save and close the scene / setup and create a new blank setup before powering down.

Last night, I saved out the setup, and created a new blank setup, then powered down, and powered back up, and it didn't have the touch screen not working problem. I don't remember if I had left the SD card in or out at that point.

Will have some free time tonight and this weekend. Line6 Jon has already replied to my service ticket, so hopefully it's not a hardware issue, but even if it is, I am still only 15 days in from my original date of purchase, and I let my guy at Sweetwater know what's going on.

Frustrating, but I am hopeful the resolution is forthcoming and simple...

Cheers!

-Brion

For those of us thinking about the M20d, this is kind of alarming... I had thought maybe some of these problems were from early units, but you just got yours - yikes.

I have 2 L3t speakers and was thinking of trading my Presonus 16.4.2 in on one... maybe I'll wait a bit. I've got two important events I have to run sound on in the next month or so - waiting until after those I think.

Keep us posted!

Larry

I have heard of this in another post. But I have never had a problem, and assume I won't.

LDBecker, I am sure you read far more posts about the 16.4.2 with its power supply problem. I know it made me think long and hard before I bought my 16.4.2. I was nervous every gig I played for some time. Then one day it happened....not at a gig fortunately, but at home when I was preparing for the weekend. Mine wasn't the power supply. A local, warranty qualified tech went over a lot of soldering for me. And the it worked great for another year, and probably still is. I traded it in on my M20d. I liked my presonus, but more than anything, I wanted a smaller footprint. 16.4.2 is pretty big. Very big in comparison to the M20d.

Anyway, my point is, the problems with the m20d are far fewer than what I read about for the presonus board. But we still went for it, knowing, that very likely, the problem was limited to just a few, and many many others you don't even hear from. More importantly, if there is a problem, it will be dealt with promptly it seems. I wouldn't let it hold you back. You will love it!

• 2 years later...