3 replies to this topic

#1 VinnyJ

VinnyJ

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

Last nights gig the volume dropped 50% or so and sounded a bit distorted. I shook the guitar real hard and it began to work again no problem. After the gig I changed out the Cable and shook it real hard I was able to lose the sound again and then more shaking "fixed" it.

Also when double clicking the selector knob I hear a slight steady intermittant sound that coincides with the flashing of the light by the tone knob. The sound goes away when playing.

I think there must be some sort of short? Is there anything I can check on my own before bringing it in (again) to get fixed. Any tips would be a super big help.

* I am using the xps power supply and I never have this problem with my other variax acoustic using the same power source *

#2 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1189 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

Sounds like a Piezo ground problem.  I had that until I changed them out for Graphtech.  I would every so often get a loud buzz like a bad ground.  I would slap the bridge and it would go away for a while.  Never happens with Graphtech.

#3 VinnyJ

VinnyJ

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

Hey Charlie thanks for the reply. I was looking up graphtech... Do you have a link of which one would go into the 700 acoustic? I canont seem to find it...

#4 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1189 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

Not sure if they have anything that will work on the 700 Acoustic at Graphtech.  I was thinking regular 700.  My Variax that I upgraded is a 500.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users