4 replies to this topic

#1 DanMahar

DanMahar

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

What is the best way to use my x3 into my amp as an effects unit only? 

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11386 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Do you mean physical connections, Tone/patch settings, or both? Does your amp have an FX Loop, and/or a rear-panel input into just the power amp section?

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5000 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:04 AM

+1 to silverhead

Typically for effects only you will want to bypass you Amp's preamp by using your amp's effect loop (or power amp in).

But do you want the color of your amps preamp or the X3 amp models?

#4 Palico

Palico

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:43 AM

I think you mean you don't want to use the X3 amp models but just use it's FX. I've never tired, but to use it in FX in front of your regular amp would be pretty easy. Disable the Amp/Cab on the X3 (set to No amp/cab) and you only have FX, then run into the front of your amp. However; all the FX will be in front of the preamp on your regular amp.  Some like Delay don't work real well there. Not sure if there is a way to route those differntly. Maybe someone else can know the answer to that.

#5 lilylazer666

lilylazer666

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

4 cable method (A quick google search will give you all the info you need) This will allow you to have stomp boxes, noise gate, volume/wah, in front of the amp, and then modulations, reverb, delays, after the pre amp. Basically in the order they should be.

This also allows you to switch between using your amp's tone, or the amp models on the X3 live using the loop function.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users