Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Post Eq-ing Recordings?

ChaserHUN

Okay, so I'm trying to make a good recording tone, but I just can't get rid of some high end fizz in the recordings, EQ makes it better, but doesn't dissappear fully.

When we used a Profire 610 and Amplitube 3 all the fizziness were gone when cutting below 100hz and above 10khz.

Here is a sample

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/jCYLeS3f1q/

There is some nasty fizziness that I can't get rid of, and I don't know why, because I hear all these really clear recordings wit the POD HD and I wanna sound like that :D

Here is the EQ I used on it:

guitareq_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Real Tube amps have what they call sizzle when pushed really hard. The pod hd fizz resembles that sizzle to a certain degree.

Here's what comes to mind as somethings that can be done to minimize the fizz. (you don't have to do all)

1-Lower the gain to  point where you can still retain the same sound and feel or basically get rid of any unnecessary gains or boosts.

2-If your POD has input impedence (300 and 400 don't have that), try lower settings instead of auto, that's almost like low pass filter that cuts a lot high frequencies depending on how low you're willing to go

3-In the amp setting Max out the Bias setting all the way to the right (you'd be surprised how much of what you call fizz is gone with this). Moving the Bias to the right minimizes class AB distortion and more class A response

4-Lower the master volume as this will reduce the sizzle of power amp distortion

OK being a real noob hear, how do I set playback volume??

cubase5_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png
A képet a Képfeltöltés.hu tárolja. http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu

On the left side at the channel you can set volume of the specific track, To the rigth from the marker, that sets the whole volume, which also makes a difference in the end volume of the  mixdown.

How can I make my recordings powerful?

For example I listen to music on vol 50% in the player and 30% on the speakers and blows out the windows
But with my recordings I listen it to 100-100 and it's still not powerfull enough.