#1 Philinwood

Philinwood

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:38 AM

Does anyone know about the RCA outputs on the back of the SJ?  I never tried suing them before, but today I tried hooking up a speaker to one of the jacks and had no sound. I have the setting for Normal Mode (as opposed to "Performance Mode" which would shut off the RCA outputs), but still no luck.

I am guessing that the speakers may need to be matched, but I was thinking that I should get at least a little sound on playback.

#2 Brazzy

Brazzy

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2325 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • Registered Products:16

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:07 AM

I've used them for direct recording/monitoring using a stereo RCA to 1/8" male to my laptop and it worked ok. You can use the preamp and effects only with the SJ's Master at 0.

Edited by Brazzy, 14 April 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#3 splatcze

splatcze

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:22 AM

Hi, could you please explain to me somehow how you got the SJ connected to your laptop with the rca outputs? I tried it, but the laptop is using the combined input/output jack and it seems to be recognizing the cable from my SJ as an output. Thanks 

#4 Brazzy

Brazzy

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2325 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hi, could you please explain to me somehow how you got the SJ connected to your laptop with the rca outputs? I tried it, but the laptop is using the combined input/output jack and it seems to be recognizing the cable from my SJ as an output. Thanks 

If I understand you correctly you have a combined Mic/Headphone Jack? My computer uses seperate jacks so I don't have that experience yet, but I may still be able to help you, gonna have to research it. For now you can read how I do it below.

I'm using a Vaio Laptop (6 years old) with Windows 7. I've just got done hooking it up again and it still works fine. Here's what I did. First get amp the setting "Output Routing" to "Normal", there's two choices Normal or Performance. This setting is the 8th one down in the settings section. Then I keep the Master on the SJ at 0. I use just the preamp section (such as the Drive, Volume, Tone Stack, Effects and Reverb) to get my levels the way I want them. Plug the Stereo RCA into the back of the SJ and the 1/8th jack into the Mic input on your computer. Then open up the "Recording Devices" settings and set the levels accordingly, I didn't need to use the boost, and my mic level ended up around +18db for the test clip I made. Then I set the "Listen" tab in the mic settings so that I monitor my sound through my laptop speakers. Then tweak my preamp section to suit. I record with "Windows Sound Recorder" program or "Audacity".

Test Sound Clip Link>>> https://soundcloud.c...sj-test/s-Jsp5l

#5 splatcze

splatcze

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

Okay, thanks a lot, I appreciate it! 

#6 Brazzy

Brazzy

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2325 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

After looking into that Headphone/Mic Combo Jack you have there you will probably want this adapter cable or something like it. Adaptor Cable Link

Okay, thanks a lot, I appreciate it! 

#7 kevinlovatt123

kevinlovatt123

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:26 PM

Can I use an adapter to connect the RCA outputs to XLR into a PA system?

Any advice appreciated.

#8 Fred-Mathiot

Fred-Mathiot

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNormandie, France
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:09 AM

I connect the RCA outputs directly in a Kustom KSC10MP or I connect the RCA outputs in a  Behringer Ultra-DI connected in a Xenyx Q 1202 USB.

The 2 solutions work fine.