Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Strange Signal Gating Effect

Superacids

I have a G50, it's worked flawlessly for months. But it just started having a problem. Reception is great, full green bars, new batteries. But now it only works if I play hard. It will no longer pick up soft playing. It's like there is a gate effect on it. I tried two guitars, it's not the guitar output or pickups. It's definitely the g50. What could cause it to only transmit loud playing and not pick up soft playing despite having a great signal (tried other channels all are the same). Thanks

Does the audio LED on the transmitter light up even when you cannot hear it? Do the RF LEDs on the receiver stay on even when you cannot hear the sound? If the answer is yes to both questions then you will probably need to send it to the service department to have the hardware checked out.

If the Audio LED does not come on with light strumming then it is possible that you might have a bad cable and/or input jack.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

I have exactly the same trouble on mine.

My G50 worked perfectly since 3 years, I used it for live session last month, working perfectly, and tried to use it last week for live session : it just started having the problem. Reception great, full green bars but it only works if I play hard. The audio LED on the transmitter doesn't light up when soft playing, cannot hear it. The RF LEDs on the receiver stay on even when I cannot hear the sound. I tried another guitar, another channel, bought another cable, nothing changes.

Damned... Perhaps a serial trouble.