Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Toe Switch Issue.. Or Am I Just A Newb?

spawn2031

So it's probably the later.. just a newb... anyways.  I cannot seem to get my toe switch to work.  To test it, I set up an effect and just set the toe switch up to turn the effect on and off but no go.  Honestly I am not sure if I am even hitting the switch correctly since I can't see a physical switch under the expression pedal.  So... 1) Is there somewhere in the pod setup that I have to go to enable the toe switch? 2)  when your foot is on the expression pedal, where is the dang switch?  I would assume its under the front of the pedal (under my toes... hence the name eh?)

using HDEdit, go to the Controllers tab and choose your effect, under FS ASSIGN choose Exp Toe Switch.  You will have to press down hard on the toe of the pedal to activate it.  You may also need to calibrate the expression pedal.

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/pod/pod-hd500-hd500x/pod-hd500xhd500-pedal-calibration-r161

The toe switch is within the HD unit so you won't see it, and yes you have to press down hard to get it to engage.  I think by default when you plug the unit in that the Expression pedal is assigned to EXP 2 and the green light next to it illuminates - if you press down hard on the toe switch then it should swap to EXP 1 and illuminate the red light next to the pedal.  Certainly some of the factory presets with WAH and/or VOLUME pedal assigned are set up like that so you can test to see if it is working.