Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sv Hd100 Help ... I Got Nothing!

atreyu2112

Hi guys. I have the first version head.

When I power it on, the screen is half black and half blank. The board reads "FBV SB MKII". No sound, no presets. It is staying this way.

No power surge, nothing through the loop & tubes look to be OK (they are old tho), all are lit and seated properly. Amp was sounding fine and I have never had an issue with it before. I bought it new (original owner) and I treat it well.

I don't know what to do and none of the techs around here are really familiar with hybrid amps.

Is it simply a bad power tube or am I in trouble? HELP. Thanks in advance.

I called them. They were very helpful. The tech did mention the reset too, but my issue turned out to be a faulty ethernet cable for the Short Board. Whew . . . I was getting real nervous. Thanks toneman & Line 6

• Upvote 1

I called them. They were very helpful. The tech did mention the reset too, but my issue turned out to be a faulty ethernet cable for the Short Board. Whew . . . I was getting real nervous. Thanks toneman & Line 6

excellent 

• Upvote 1

One time my SV212 mk2 stopped responding on stage, and it was resolved by reseating the ethernet cable at the footpedal. The fix for that type of issue is hard to recognize as it doesn't seem to be related to a data connection like this.

From reading the old message board it appears that this issue is a symptom of a problem with the digital side of the amp (it was often referred to as “The Black Bars of Deathâ€). If the reset doesn’t work (or isn’t possible) the only other option is to bring it in for service.

atreyu2112, on 28 May 2013 - 14:22, said:

snapback.png

it's strange how this worked for you then the problem returned. i'm guessing you repeated the steps you took to get it working. 

give it a good rap with you hand when you turn it on