Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fbv Mkii Shortboard: Can I Reprogam Buttons When Using With Spider Iv 75w Amp.

I have a Spider IV 75 Watt amp and an FBV MK II Shortboard, and also have the Line 6 FBV Control software install on my computer. When I connect to the FBV MK II Shortboard with a USB cable, I can bring up the FBV control and change the functions of the individual footswitches. Say for example, I wanted to assign my Function 1 footswitch to assign the MIDI CC 7 to 5. So I set it up as below in the software.  

YTQmQ83.jpg

When I go to the Shortboard, I click the Function 1 footswitch and the LCD display on the shortboard displays "CH 1 CC7  VAL5", so I know that it has accepted the setting. Then I plug out the USB connection, and the pedal shows it's usual display (when connected to the amp)... And the Function 1 footswitch goes back to working with the original settings that it came with ... :-(

I've read somewhere that when you plug it in to the amp, you are limited in what way you can change the functions on the FBV Shortboard. Is it possible for me to reassign the footswitchs when using with the Spider IV amp? 

• 3 months later...

No, you can't assign them to change patches, but you can assign what effects they turn on/off.

Question, can the buttons on the MKII be re-assigned for Pod HD Pro? i.e. rather than tuning the Stomp, Modulation, etc. on/off can I re-assign those buttons to change patches in line with ABCD?

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the quick response. 

Oh dear. I'm after spending half a day setting it up thinking this was possible... :-(

Maybe I'll use it to control the lights in the sitting room... 

Jonathan !

Your comment really sums it up perfectly.

You have some sort of a modern piece of equipment advertised and sold for its flexibility ... and you just find out that it all was just ADVERTISEMENT.

I loved your "Maybe I'll use it to control the lights in the sitting room..." :lol: