Photo

Fbv Mkii Shortboard: Can I Reprogam Buttons When Using With Spider Iv 75w Amp.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JonathanAnon

JonathanAnon

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

I have a Spider IV 75 Watt amp and an FBV MK II Shortboard, and also have the Line 6 FBV Control software install on my computer. When I connect to the FBV MK II Shortboard with a USB cable, I can bring up the FBV control and change the functions of the individual footswitches. Say for example, I wanted to assign my Function 1 footswitch to assign the MIDI CC 7 to 5. So I set it up as below in the software.  

YTQmQ83.jpg

When I go to the Shortboard, I click the Function 1 footswitch and the LCD display on the shortboard displays "CH 1 CC7  VAL5", so I know that it has accepted the setting. Then I plug out the USB connection, and the pedal shows it's usual display (when connected to the amp)... And the Function 1 footswitch goes back to working with the original settings that it came with ... :-(

I've read somewhere that when you plug it in to the amp, you are limited in what way you can change the functions on the FBV Shortboard. Is it possible for me to reassign the footswitchs when using with the Spider IV amp? 

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15482 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:09 AM

you can only change the settings for use on a computer...

the amp is hardwired and you cannot change what the switches do.

#3 JonathanAnon

JonathanAnon

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

Thanks for the quick response. 

Oh dear. I'm after spending half a day setting it up thinking this was possible... :-(

Maybe I'll use it to control the lights in the sitting room... 

#4 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1722 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:22 AM

Yes, as The Real Zap has said, Spider Control is only for MIDI control of software or other MIDI devices.

#5 UNDEAD5150

UNDEAD5150

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Question, can the buttons on the MKII be re-assigned for Pod HD Pro? i.e. rather than tuning the Stomp, Modulation, etc. on/off can I re-assign those buttons to change patches in line with ABCD?

#6 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15482 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

No, you can't assign them to change patches, but you can assign what effects they turn on/off.

Question, can the buttons on the MKII be re-assigned for Pod HD Pro? i.e. rather than tuning the Stomp, Modulation, etc. on/off can I re-assign those buttons to change patches in line with ABCD?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users