5 replies to this topic

#1 julioborko

julioborko

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

I came across GP mag's review of the Amplifi (April issue) and saw their photo of the app's UI.

Attached File  image.jpg   117.21KB   0 downloads

Hopefully you can see it; glossy pages don't photograph well! What I noticed was that it shows eq and compression at the end of the chain. That's funny because on mine I can't move those two from where they are.

Attached File  image.jpg   67.79KB   0 downloads

I just thought that's the way it is. Is it just me? Can anyone else move these? I'd love to eq and compress at the end!

#2 RNRage

RNRage

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

Have you tried to drag and drop the icons?
I don't have an Amplifi.. But that's how moving most things in apps on the iPads and iDevices work.
Endorses:
Amps: Mesa Boogie, Fender, Blackheart, Line 6
Guitars: Fender, Gibson, Epiphone, Takamine
Effects: Line 6, Boss, MXR, DOD, Ibanez, Crafter, Mesa Boogie, Heil, Morley

#3 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5512 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

You can't move those blocks, but their position in the chain changes based on where you have the things you can move. So if you want them at the end of the chain, you'd move the blocks for Mod, Delay, and Reverb before them. To move block, you just tap them and drag them.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#4 julioborko

julioborko

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

You can't move those blocks, but their position in the chain changes based on where you have the things you can move. So if you want them at the end of the chain, you'd move the blocks for Mod, Delay, and Reverb before them. To move block, you just tap them and drag them.

Yeah I tried that too. Still didn't work. If you look at the pic you can see markers on the chain which indicate where things can be moved to.

Attached File  image.jpg   85.16KB   0 downloads

#5 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5512 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

It will work... You just have to put everything else in front of the amp block. I got it to work on the app.

Attached Files

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#6 julioborko

julioborko

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:26 AM

Ok. Yeah I see that - but that assumes you're running through a clean amp (i.e. all effects are preamp). My question is why can't we as users decide to put each block wherever we want? It seems silly to me that we can move only certain ones. Especially since what is being shown as promo material is not accurate (and I know that's often the case). This is just something that made me sit up and say "hey, wait a minute!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: signal chain, tones, app

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users