2 replies to this topic

#1 hernanalcerreca

hernanalcerreca

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

I'm having a bit of trouble finding a DT50 212 in Australia at the moment. None of the stores I've contacted seem to have it in stock (though some of them have the 112).

I wonder if this may be due to either Line 6 planning to announce new models for the DT series; or Line 6 planing to discontinue the DT series to focus on products like the Amplifi. 

Do you guys recommend asking a store to order one for me, or waiting a bit to see if Line 6 makes an announcement about the DT series?

I know it's a hard to answer question, but I thought some of you Line 6 expert may have a better idea or some predictions about what the future holds for the DT series.

Cheers!

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11512 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

The Line 6 experts have no more information about this than anyone other users. My personal opinion is that the DT series amps will be around for quite a while yet. AMPLIFi is not a competitor at all to the DT amps.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 hernanalcerreca

hernanalcerreca

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

Thanks silverhead,

At the moment I have a Marshall DSL100, but considering I'm using a JTV-59 and an HD500, I'm thinking the DT50 may be a better fit for me.

I play in a few bands and all of them have completely different styles, so I need something that's very versatile (and loud).

I'm just worried I'm going to buy the amp a day before Line 6 announces a new DT model, but I guess that will always be a risk.

Thanks heaps for your reply!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users