Photo

Hp500x Flash Update Issues

Best Answer rapids27 , 05 April 2014 - 11:40 PM

Problem solved.

Returned unit for a full refund. Store confirmed that unit I had, had software issues. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rapids27

rapids27

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:10 AM

Hi Guys -  could do with some help.

Today I purchased a Line 6Pod500x and I thought I would update all the bits.

I have downloaded and installed Line 6 Monkey and updated the drivers.

However, I cannot update the Flash Memory (from 1.0 to 1.2) which I would like to do.

I also have noticed that the factory preset lists are screwed up (not sure if I did that playing around with Edit and Monkey) or not, but the Best of HD set list is half missing - would like to get it back if possible.  I have tried holding down the left arrow whilst powering on - no luck.

I keep getting the following message, when attempting to update the Flash Memory:

Code 8007211

Firmware update timed out waiting for response from the device.

The pod is connected, powered on, USB connected and can be seen by Monkey.  I have tried 3 different USB ports and even tried updating from the file I downloaded. 

One thing I did notice was that my Drivers are version 4.2.7.1 whereas Monkey has the newest listed as 4.2.6.9.  Could this be part of the problem ?  Should I try udowngrading to the 4.2.6.9 drivers and try flash update again.  Or Is there something else I should do ?

Thanks for any help :)

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5046 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

Are you using the newest version of Monkey?

http://line6.com/software/

Did you try another USB cable?

Also try temporarily disabling any anti-virus/firewall.

#3 rapids27

rapids27

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion to try another usb cable. Unfortunately I dont have another cable like the one they supply. I have also tried disabling my security software as well but same result.

Also noticed last night after I posted that the unit and the Edit software wont talk either - I get another error message (different to flash update one ).

Shouldnt be this hard.

Anyway after trying for nearly 12 hours yesterday to make things work - I have decided to take the unit back to the store later today and see if I can get a refund.

#4 rapids27

rapids27

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:40 PM   Best Answer

Problem solved.

Returned unit for a full refund. Store confirmed that unit I had, had software issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users