Recently obtained a new DT50 Head. I assume since new it is probably at a firmware version < 2.0.
So since I could most easily get a USB/MIDI interface that is a Hosa USM-422, I have been trying to use that. It is very similar to the M-Audio Uno USB/MIDI interface.
So after several hours attempted I cannot get the Monkey firmware update process to proceed any further than:
Failed, Code: 8000000A, undefined error
I have tried:
Using different Windows computers (Win 8.0 and Win 7)
Using different computer USB ports
Check Control Panel, Device Manager, in "Sound" there is a "USB 2.0-Midi" entry
Have run the DT50 in both Standby and On, and Safe Mode
The driver for the USB/Midi Interface is the standard Windows driver, so special driver needed
Have uninstalled/reinstalled the standard USB/Midi driver, unplugging and reconnecting the Interface to USB to let the computer detect it and install the standard driver
Am pretty sure the Interface Midi cables are connected correctly to the amp (Amp Midi Out -> Interface Midi In, Amp Midi In -> Interface Midi Out)
I observe the lights on the Interface, I am getting "power", and data going in both directions (if I reverse the Midi connections at the back of the amp then I don't get this far)
I have downloaded and installed "DTEdit", and I can see that if I make a change to "Pentode/Triode" in the app then the amp will respond and switch. Likewise if I change the switch on the amp, the app will update to match
I have downloaded the DT50 firmware update files 1.10, 1.20, and 2.0, and tried Monkey with all of those
I registered the amp with Line6, so no stoppage there
So I feel like I have exhausted all the possibilities/combinations of things to try.
I am guessing but the likely suspect causing the firmware update failure issue is the Hosa USB/Midi Interface.
So now I'm going to return the Hosa USM-422 USB/Midi interface. I have a M-Audio Uno USB/Midi interface on order. At this point all I know to do is to try is a different interface.
The main reason I put this post out there is if someone else is struggling with the DT firmware update, maybe this will help save them time, and show what "not" to do (try this first with the M-Audio Uno USB/Midi interface).