Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Java(tm) Platform Se Binary Has Stopped Working

Hi I am unable to connect to custom tone from within line6 edit.  When I try to do this I get a java error and the software has to be closed.  

Java Platform SE binary has stopped working

I've uninstalled all versions of Java and reinstalled Line6 edit and let it install a version of Java but the problem persists

• 5 months later...

I am having this same issue.  I've uninstalled all versions of Java and reinstalled Line6 edit and let it install a version of Java but the problem persists. Still get the Javaâ„¢ Platform SE binary has stopped working.  My device is a PODxt.  And my laptop is Windows 7 64 bit.  I also use Mozilla FireFox but the Internet Explorer opens to a blank page when I click continue.  Please help if you can.

No i'm saying that there is newer software available that you can use to edit your XT, it's called gearbox.

go here and you should see it: http://line6.com/software/

should also show available in line6 monkey if you have that installed...

and also....

you can download tones directly from here: http://line6.com/customtone/

outside of edit.

• 4 weeks later...

the newer software GEARBOX does not require java...

but much depends on what device you are trying to use....

I have the same problem, I'm running windows 8.1 64. I tried to install the latest versions of the softwares but I stll get the error message about java. I don't know what to do anymore.