2 replies to this topic

#1 mrgruby

mrgruby

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

I got a Line 6 gx recently. everything seems to be hooked up correctly. The software is installed and registered. All drivers are installed. The gx is registered. Monkey shows green ticks.

I have the Line 6 selected in my Windows sound system.

I can hook up my headphones to the Line 6 box, and run a windows sound test, and get sound. I can connect the guitar, and start pod farm 2. When I hit the strings, I can see plenty of output on the meters. I can use the tuner in pod farm and tune the guitar.

But I get absolutely no sound from the guitar. Not in the headphones, not frim the laptop speakers.

Is there any additional software that need to be installed?

It is a Lenovo thinkpad laptop, running windows 7

Any suggestions?

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15383 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:30 AM

check the control panel applet, line6 audio midi... there are some settings there that may help.

#3 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11381 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:36 AM

It makes sense that you don't hear any sound from your internal laptop speakers. Once you connect your Studio GX it becomes your soundcard; your internal speakers are bypassed and all sound from your computer is heard from the GX audio outputs. You need to connect speakers to those outputs.

However, the above means that you should be hearing sound from your guitar through the GX headphones output. You can hear it when you do the sound test so that part is working.

Like TheRealZap suggests, check the Line 6 Audio-MIDI Control Panel. Also double check all volume levels, especially the Output level in Pod Farm.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: line 6 gx, sound, lenovo, windows 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users