#1 FatMixG

FatMixG

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

I have  bass pod xt live. The delay, reverb, mod, stomp, cabinet and amp all have options greyed out.  I realize that the bass expansion pack comes with additional cabinets, amps and microphones. Does it also unlock the greyed options in the delay, reverb, mod and stomp effects? How do I unlock them. For example: the FX bubble echo?

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 17780 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA
  • Registered Products:17

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

there are lots of model packs... i believe the FX models are in the effects junkie model pack.

I have  bass pod xt live. The delay, reverb, mod, stomp, cabinet and amp all have options greyed out.  I realize that the bass expansion pack comes with additional cabinets, amps and microphones. Does it also unlock the greyed options in the delay, reverb, mod and stomp effects? How do I unlock them. For example: the FX bubble echo?

#3 Mr_Arkadin

Mr_Arkadin

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts
  • Registered Products:6

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:40 AM

The expansion packs are for the guitar PodXt, not the Bass Pod xt. Where are you seeing these greyed-out features?

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 17780 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:19 AM

good catch, the bass pod xt live is a whole different thing.

The expansion packs are for the guitar PodXt, not the Bass Pod xt. Where are you seeing these greyed-out features?

#5 FatMixG

FatMixG

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

Line 6 says:

"Please note: FX Junkie model pack comes preinstalled in many Line 6 products including POD® xt Live and most POD Studio™ interfaces. Please refer to the model pack compatibility chart for a complete list of compatible devices"

http://line6.com/modelPacks/fx.html

So what should I do?

#6 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 17780 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

nothing... if it's a bass pod XT, then it's not available to you or included (to my knowledge)

Line 6 says:

"Please note: FX Junkie model pack comes preinstalled in many Line 6 products including POD® xt Live and most POD Studio™ interfaces. Please refer to the model pack compatibility chart for a complete list of compatible devices"

http://line6.com/modelPacks/fx.html

So what should I do?

#7 Olyone

Olyone

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:04 AM

If I understand what I'm reading, Bass Pod Xt Live is not compatible with expansion packs. Is that correct?

#8 skybone

skybone

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:59 AM

But didn't the PODxt Live come with the FX Junkie pack loaded on as standard? It did with the Guitar PODxt Live.

#9 Mr_Arkadin

Mr_Arkadin

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:17 PM

If I understand what I'm reading, Bass Pod Xt Live is not compatible with expansion packs. Is that correct?

That's correct. Also it would be pointless installing the bass expansion as these are the same models that are already in the Bass Pod XT.

#10 Mr_Arkadin

Mr_Arkadin

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:18 PM

But didn't the PODxt Live come with the FX Junkie pack loaded on as standard? It did with the Guitar PODxt Live.

This discussion is about the Bass Pod XT which never had any expansion packs.

#11 Olyone

Olyone

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:24 PM

That's correct. Also it would be pointless installing the bass expansion as these are the same models that are already in the Bass Pod XT.

Well, as the Bass Expansion is useful for guitarist, a guitar expansion would be useful for bassist, or in my case, I'm a bassist and a guitarist....

It's always better to have an open product than a closed one.