Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording With Spider Iv Hd150

rhenry412

No harm will come to the head if you have no speakers plugged in and only have the headphone/DI output in use.  Most people keep the speakers plugged in all the time to ensure the amp is not accidentally damaged due to an uneven load (note that you should never plug into only 1 of the speaker outputs as this will unbalance the amp and could cause damage).

No harm will come to the head if you have no speakers plugged in and only have the headphone/DI output in use.  Most people keep the speakers plugged in all the time to ensure the amp is not accidentally damaged due to an uneven load (note that you should never plug into only 1 of the speaker outputs as this will unbalance the amp and could cause damage).

Then what is one supposed to do with a mono rig with only one speaker cab?

I received an email notice that you had quoted my last reply and argued with it, but looks like you deleted it.  I dont' want you to damage yoru amp, that's why I told you that you need to have speakers plugged into both left and right speaker outputs.  This is a stereo amp, designed to be run in stereo.  Hopefully you found the FAQ or other posts here that confirm what I said.