5 replies to this topic

#1 JHop19

JHop19

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

I am in the process of buying an HD500, have question before I do that though. The physical (drive, bass, presence, master, etc...) all control the amp of the individual preset that you have (I believe). When you are editing an amp in your preset, do you change these parameters for the preset or do the knobs apply to every amp within every preset?

Example, preset 1 uses amp A with the physical bass knob at +6. Will preset 2 with amp B also have the bass set to +6? And when it's changed to +4, will that also affect all the other amps within presets?

Thanks in advance!

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11507 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

The settings are preset-specific. Only the amp in the current preset is affected when you change settings. When you select a different preset, the stored settings for that preset are effective; the physical position of the knobs at that point are ignored. The new settings will change only if/when you move the knob again.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 withrowsp

withrowsp

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

Yes, and to add to that; The changes only remain after you leave the preset if you actively save them. Otherwise they will return to whatever the knobs were set at when you come back to that preset.

#4 cruisinon2

cruisinon2

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

As others have said...everything is patch-specific. If the controls were global, it would be an unworkable nightmare. You'd never be able to dial in a useful tone without ruining eveything else.

#5 Dutchguitarist

Dutchguitarist

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

To my knowledge there is one exception: The master volume is global and not preset specific

#6 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5548 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:36 AM

To my knowledge there is one exception: The master volume is global and not preset specific

Yes, the master volume is an actual analog potentiometer. All of the other knobs are digital encoders.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hd500, amp knobs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users