Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My 89f Is Like An Hand Brake :)

A nightmare that ended well.

When playing, my model constantly change. 1st I accused the cable done by THE cable guy on our forum. Wrong. Cable is still awsome. Then I accused the jack cause problem still occur with the default cable. Wrong, nothing happen when I move the jack. Then I accused the pickup switch cause we all know that it can be noisy on a normal guitar when dirt do his job. Wrong

Then only the model switch left. I never use it. All my stuff including lightning is controlled via midi. I rarely touch something except the 6 strings and the tremolo bar.

The hand brake in automatic cars always break before hand brakes in manual cars cause we never use it and rust do his normal job. After moving the model switch many times it fixed my problem. :)

Is there any safe way to clean that pot?

Thanks

A nightmare that ended well.

When playing, my model constantly change. 1st I accused the cable done by THE cable guy on our forum. Wrong. Cable is still awsome. Then I accused the jack cause problem still occur with the default cable. Wrong, nothing happen when I move the jack. Then I accused the pickup switch cause we all know that it can be noisy on a normal guitar when dirt do his job. Wrong

Then only the model switch left. I never use it. All my stuff including lightning is controlled via midi. I rarely touch something except the 6 strings and the tremolo bar.

The hand brake in automatic cars always break before hand brakes in manual cars cause we never use it and rust do his normal job. After moving the model switch many times it fixed my problem. :)

Is there any safe way to clean that pot?

Thanks

Lotsa problems with that knob...it's well documented. It either won't engage at all and needs a cardboard shim to function, or apparently in your case, it was in a constant state of switching models for reasons unknown. If I were you, as long as it's working, I'd count my blessings and let it be...don't poke the bear.