Photo

Jtv Replacement Battery Charger - Available At Batteries Plus, Amazon, Etc ... Cheap!

jtv battery charger replacement

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thepler

thepler

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

I recently purchased a used JTV-59. Of course it came with no battery charger or usb interface. After learning that the XTLive doesn't charge the battery, I googled a replacement charger. A user on one of these forums noted that the battery was similar to a Sony Handycam battery, model # NP-F570 camera.

I just picked a charger up at the local batteries plus yesterday for $30. In stock and works great!

Link: http://www.batteries...r-CAM10551.aspx

Also available much cheaper on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...np-f570 charger    (I didn't wanna wait)

Now, does anyone know if a generic Ethernet-to-USB adapter will work as a replacement for the USB interface?

Thanks,

T

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15396 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

there is no alternative to the usb interface... sorry.

#3 ColonelForbin

ColonelForbin

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

Line6 JTV battery charger

$49.99

"Searching for a distant star, Heading off to Iscandar

Leaving all we love behind, Who knows what dangers we'll find?"

#4 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

Now if we could just find a cheaper alternative battery that works in the JTV....   I would like a spare.

#5 snhirsch

snhirsch

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationBurlington, VT USA

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:12 AM

Now if we could just find a cheaper alternative battery that works in the JTV....   I would like a spare.

If you modify the guitar to connect the + and - battery terminals to ground and ring of the 1/4" jack (instead of the internal PCB) I have to believe that any physically compatible 7V battery will work.  The OEM arrangement uses a digital handshake with the battery to ensure you have a gen-u-ine Line 6 battery, but since the guitar will power from 7V DC on the cable it ought to run from battery there as well.

Disclaimer: I have not tried this and do not intend to since my Line 6 batteries still hold a charge and I'll be moving to an XPS mini soon.

40 years of Rock-n-Roll and proud of it!

PRS Custom 24 (1990) w/ GK-3 Hex PU

James Tyler Variax JTV-69(k) w/ Strat Neck

Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth

QSC K10 FRFR

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jtv, battery charger, replacement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users