Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bass Frequency Feedback

spawn2031

So I have gotten a tone that I am REALLY happy with that works great with my setup with one small hiccup, I am getting bass feedback for the first time.  I do have the bass cranked up pretty high on both the Line 6 distortion and the F-ball amp (drive is 100% on Line 6 and 0 on the F-Ball).  When I hit a low power chord and palm mute it the feedback starts until I drop the volume on my guitar a bit.  Originally I was using dual hard gates on my chain which gave me a great dead quiet effect when I wanted it but I had to switch to the normal gate to hide the feedback.  I know I can conquer this issue with a few no brainers like...

1) Stay farther away from the amp (I'm afraid if I get too far away I won't be able to generate feedback when I do want it)

2) Reduce the amount of bass on the L6 Distortion and/or F-ball amp (I REALLY like the amount of bass I am getting out of this tone so I would like this to be my last option)

3) Keep with the normal gate and quit whining... problem solved (I really liked the ability to go from full on to dead quiet in a split second)

So as you can see, I do have ways of stopping this feedback but with giving up something else that I would rather not.  Has anyone else had an issue like this and solved it or any other tricks I can try to tame this feedback?