Photo

Cab Settings: What Sounds Best For Early Reflections And Mic?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spidle1

spidle1

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

Trying to figure out what early reflections are and how it affects the sound at decent volumes on the amplify 150, also what are mic preferences?  Usually medium to high gain tones .

#2 Guitarplayer1130

Guitarplayer1130

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

The best way, IMO, is to experiment to find what sounds best to you.

The old adage is true still "if it sounds good, it is good".

#3 spidle1

spidle1

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

it is good, trying to figure out what it means? seems the lower settings sound good to me...

#4 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

If you turn the knob up it simulates the mic being moved farther away from the cab, turn all the way down moves the mic closer to the cab. The first should sound farther away or roomier the later should sound closer or louder.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist" "And Ya Know It"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users