Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Vetta 2 Tone Quality Migrated Into Newer Amps?

Mitch_Essence

I still have a Variax 500 with the Vetta II and the FBV board.  I love it and play it a lot.

I also recently bought the Dream Rig (JTV69 Guitar, Pod HD500X and DT25 amp and 1x12 cab).  It's awesome!!!  Line 6 has taken modeling to a new level.

I highly recommend checking out the new stuff, although finding a good deal on a used Vetta II wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

When Line 6 learns to adequatly support their products I will. Till they do that, I'm steering clear of anything they have to offer because it's likely to be money down the drain. I'm not buying anything from anyone who's apt to leave me holding an empty bag no matter how good it may be. Unless it's working, you have nothing.

Unless you're handy with electronics and have the knowledge and equipment to repair it, I don't recommend that anyone buy a Vetta at any price. Not unless you're into collecting boat anchors.

I still have a Variax 500 with the Vetta II and the FBV board.  I love it and play it a lot.

I also recently bought the Dream Rig (JTV69 Guitar, Pod HD500X and DT25 amp and 1x12 cab).  It's awesome!!!  Line 6 has taken modeling to a new level.

I highly recommend checking out the new stuff, although finding a good deal on a used Vetta II wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

"Unless you're handy with electronics and have the knowledge and equipment to repair it, I don't recommend that anyone buy a Vetta at any price. Not unless you're into collecting boat anchors."

Do you know if it was that pesky battery issue?

My Vetta works just fine and always has but if and when it does break I can likley fix it and have the equipment, knowledge and service info to do so. However most folks don't so they'll be up the creek without a paddle should their's develop a problem.

All I'm trying to tell folks is that there is little to no service support out there for the Vetta amp and Line 6 doesn't care to do anything to remedy the situation. They could do some stuff to help the situation but they simply choose not to. For what reason I don't know. All I do know is that it's a bad decision and it's appears from this end to be entirely an attitude problem.

I once had a similar experence with a GM car. I realize that you can have a bad experence with any car made by anyone but it was their attitude that made me swear off of their products for life or at least until they fix their attitude. With proper support you can repair most products but you simply can't repair an attitude if they choose not to change it.

From what I can see and I know electronics in depth, the Vetta is a well designed and well made amp but if it doesn't work, it doesn't matter how great it once was.

Your experience was obviously different but my Vetta II and Variax 500 have been completely reliable for 10 years.

That's all I was saying. It's not that hard to find someone who can weld a soldering iron and scope probe so don't give up the ghost as soon as it goes on the fritz. Besides common test equipment all a good tech needs is a service manual which I happen to have if you ever need it.

Yeah, I've been fortunate to have zero problems in 10 years, but if it does ever die there's probably little chance that I can get it fixed.