5 replies to this topic

#1 boloulu

boloulu

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

Can you still hear the DT 50/25 if the XLR line out is sent to the PA? On the Spider IV the line out cancels the speaker in the amp so a floor monitor is needed to hear oneself. Line out is a great feature to prevent mic bleed from other amplified inst and vocals.

#2 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

I'm pretty sure you can do that. I ran the XLR out from my DT50 Head into a PA once but I had it in Standby and didn't try monitoring with the Speaker. I would try it for ya but my AMP is down at the moment.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "The Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#3 aeugle

aeugle

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

Yes thats working. In standby mode there is no Signal.

#4 sonic

sonic

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationHaacht, Belgium

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:04 PM

Yes thats working. In standby mode there is no Signal.

unless you put it in Low Volume Mode...

#5 aeugle

aeugle

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:22 AM

Why is this ? Why only in low volume mode?

#6 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5489 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

Why is this ? Why only in low volume mode?

There have been some long threads regarding this here, but the way I see it is this. In full power mode, the signal going to the XLR out is being tapped from the output transformer so that the tube power amp affects the signal. In standby, the power tubes aren't operating, so this is why there's no signal.

In low volume mode, the signal going to the XLR out is simply the signal from the preamp section with cab and mic modeling applied. The power amp interaction is modeled rather than real. It still works in standby in LVM because the signal isn't dependent on the actual power tubes in any way.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users