#1 LarryLion

LarryLion

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCaledon, Ontario

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Does anyone in the rumor mill know about the projected release date of JTV firmware, v2.0?  With the old forum gone, so is that thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Larry d'Lion

2012 Line 6 JTV-69

Plus lots of Tele's, Gretsches,

Mesa Boogie amps, Fender Blues Jr.,

... and lots of acoustic stuff

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11099 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

The old forum isn't gone - it's just read-only now.

Old L6 Community Support Forums

.... and, yes, I'd like to see the update soon too!

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 DrFunk

DrFunk

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

2.0? What happened to the forum? This is so disorienting.... Anyway, a good time being had by all. Good fun waiting patiently for our free update. I will be happy when it comes. But it is more disturbing to find the forum is GONE! Harmony Central disappeared too. At least my guitar is still here, and the electricity is still on. Really, can't complain. Life is good...

#4 adessmith

adessmith

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

The forum was attacked by spam recently. They couldn't get a handle on it with the old system, so they had to move to a new forum architecture to be able to defend against it.

As for the 2.0 update, I've been checking here about every 2 days looking for something. A while back they removed the "coming soon" announcement, which makes me think they had some show-stopping bugs, and have had to seriously delay the release.

#5 arant

arant

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

Line 6 could learn from the Fractal Audio where they give progress reports and numerous updates to products.  I love my dream rig but Line 6 has fallen way behind on product updates and their ability to compete.   I want progress reports, teasers, insights on product usage, straight line communication and to feel like a true part of a community.  Thank you.

#6 Geech

Geech

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

If a progress report doesn't actually get the update here any faster, then I can do without. I don't need to be spoonfed to keep me happy. I play guitar for that.

#7 Inerzia

Inerzia

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

To that, I can add: If a "coming soon" announcement doesn't actually get the update in four months, then I can do without.

#8 nevla

nevla

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCambridge, UK

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

Looking forward to this too - but i'd rather they delay it and get it right than do a half-arsed job. :)

Cheers,

Nevla

http://www.lastjuly.co.uk

#9 sparkyERTW

sparkyERTW

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBrampton, ON

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

As much as I'm curious to see the new "HD" electric models, I concur with the sentiment that repetitive "nearly done" announcements or extremely fluid ETAs isn't that useful, so might as well just sit back and relax.

I will, however, suggest that Line 6 could be a bit more prompt about notifying JTV owners; unless your lurking in the forums or firing up Line 6 Monkey daily to check versions, it's often a week or two before Line 6 sends out a newsletter with "hey, look what got released recently!" It would be kinda nice if Line 6 sent out an e-mail to registered JTV owners the day it drops, or at least by the following day.

My Dream Rig: JTV-69 3-Tone Sunburst + HD500 + DT25

For those with nothing better to do: http://www.theuncomfortableproject.com

#10 adessmith

adessmith

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

I am ready... but if Line 6 is not then I'm fine with waiting.

It would be really cool if they somehow combined the HD Edit software and the new HD workbench into a single program which lets you tweak all aspects of your rig in a single program.

Oh, and while they are at it, customtone needs to be reworked so we can find Variax and "Dream Rig" optimized patches more easily.

#11 scheater5

scheater5

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

All I want are some periodic updates.  "Hey guys, we're working on it - today we had a Tele in the studio working on the modeling for it.  Stay tuned."  That's all I need.  I don't really need an ETA that puts undue pressure on them - I don't really need it to come out ANY faster.  Just take a PR guy like Sean, put him in front of a camera, and reassure us.  The silence on a POD update is even more frustrating - especially considering all the work forum members have done in pointing out upgrades that could conceivably be done in software (notably meambobbo).  

I dunno, maybe that's just me - just some carefully worded PR communication would alleviate quite a bit of stress 'round these parts.  Playful "the wait is killing me!" threads have much less animosity than "I wonder what's going on? Did they forget about us" threads.   At least that's my two cents worth.

#12 ChristianArnold

ChristianArnold

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

The second I heard a little hint of the HD 2.0 update (in a 2013 NAMM youtube video) I have been dying for the update as well. I was off the forums for a long time and just came back last week. This new forum is slightly hard to get used to but I think it will be a lot better in the long run. I already enjoy the look much more. 

Check out all my youtube videos featuring Line 6 products here. www.youtube.com/christianarnoldmusic

#13 Colin2113

Colin2113

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSoFla

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Think about it, an entirely new firmware V 2.0....it's not v1.9.1..and by the way, I'm pretty sure Fractal Audio learned a thing or two from Line 6 ;)

I'm really hoping for iOS support for HD Edit/Workbench like buddy suggested below...They've achieved this with the StageScape why not Edit/Workbench?

I am ready... but if Line 6 is not then I'm fine with waiting.

It would be really cool if they somehow combined the HD Edit software and the new HD workbench into a single program which lets you tweak all aspects of your rig in a single program.

Oh, and while they are at it, customtone needs to be reworked so we can find Variax and "Dream Rig" optimized patches more easily.

Descension Descension Descension Descension Descension 

Descension Descension Descension Descension Descension 

#14 clay-man

clay-man

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

The second I heard a little hint of the HD 2.0 update (in a 2013 NAMM youtube video) I have been dying for the update as well. I was off the forums for a long time and just came back last week. This new forum is slightly hard to get used to but I think it will be a lot better in the long run. I already enjoy the look much more. 

Hey Chris! Give us some demo videos when it does drop by. :P

For a minute there, I lost myself.

Radiohead_bear-728286%5B1%5D.png 

#15 ChristianArnold

ChristianArnold

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hey Chris! Give us some demo videos when it does drop by. :P

Oh you bet I will be blowing up youtube with comparison videos!!! 

Check out all my youtube videos featuring Line 6 products here. www.youtube.com/christianarnoldmusic

#16 jayson2

jayson2

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

Bump. Anyone at Summer Namm get an update?

Cheers,

jayson

#17 adessmith

adessmith

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, I'm surprised that we haven't heard anything. You would have thought there would have been more information released there.
Maybe they have scrapped it... :angry:

#18 arant

arant

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

So here we are at the end of Summer Namm and nothing.  Nary a word.  Is anyone happy with this?  I still stick to what I posted earlier.  Its a shame that we now think that the project is scraped.  What else are we to think?

#19 ChristianArnold

ChristianArnold

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

So here we are at the end of Summer Namm and nothing.  Nary a word.  Is anyone happy with this?  I still stick to what I posted earlier.  Its a shame that we now think that the project is scraped.  What else are we to think?

Yeah I am right there with you guys. Don't even let a word get out about an update if you don't have it out within a quarter of the year from the first word about it. I'm annoyed a little with the release of the HD500X but I think the additions they have for it are welcomed. Enough for me to sell my HD500 now and get the X. I hate the footswitches on the HD500 and always have. Maybe the release of the HD500X took all the attention away from the JTV update. No excuse but it would make sense. If anyone hears anything, hit me up asap!

#20 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5277 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

The project isn't scrapped. I can't share more details than that. But I can assure the HD update will be here, and I think that once people play the new models, they will be very happy with them.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users