Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hurry Up, Already, Line 6!

there's no one but us other users here... so continuing on about your same subjective opinion, is not helpful to other users...

whether they agree or not... line6 has chosen to proceed with the newer acoustic models...

the choice always exists for a user to stay with the older firmware and be happy...

much like someone saying they liked the x3 better than the hd... great... but line6 is not going to suddenly decide to ignore all the R&D they've invested in.

if you prefer the x3, get an x3....

if you prefer the older models... use the older models...

no one has to lose here...

although the price is that you will lose whatever fixes, tweaks, upgrades that came after... but the price is the price.

A picture of a broken record is completely the wrong response. These forums exist for us to have a voice to a company we have purchased from and continue to support and get excited about. Fanboys who get their little feelings hurt when we complain are not helpful to the conversation. Similarly, our complaints are useless if we're being hateful.

So to try and actually be productive here - let me say it this way... I totally dig my JTV and lots of other Line 6 products I have purchased over the years. I have so much faith in L6 (they've raised their own standards...that's a good thing), that I think they can do much better when it comes to acoustic modeling and I would love for them to hear my voice in asking that they keep trying to do just that. 

A picture of a broken record is completely the wrong response. These forums exist for us to have a voice to a company we have purchased from and continue to support and get excited about. Fanboys who get their little feelings hurt when we complain are not helpful to the conversation. Similarly, our complaints are useless if we're being hateful.

So to try and actually be productive here - let me say it this way... I totally dig my JTV and lots of other Line 6 products I have purchased over the years. I have so much faith in L6 (they've raised their own standards...that's a good thing), that I think they can do much better when it comes to acoustic modeling and I would love for them to hear my voice in asking that they keep trying to do just that. 

Posting complaints is great - hey, wait, doesn't that mean that posting complaints about people repeating the same complaints over and over and over and over and over is okay too...? Once, twice, three times repeating the same opinion doesn't really bother me, though it is probably unnecessary and unproductive - contrary to what some seem to believe, one person posting the same complaint in this forum 50 times does not equal 50 people posting the same complaint one time each. That broken record .jpg is probably appropriate anytime someone posts the same complaint more than 2 or 3 times or spams the forums in any other way IMO. 

It would probably be much more productive to post to the Line 6 Suggestions or to http://line6.ideascale.com/ , though by posting this I sound like a broken record myself...

Eh, I am not the boss of this forum... Whine On, You Crazy Diamonds!

• Upvote 1

So, what is this 2.0 FW...? 

It will be a complete overhaul of the modeling technology. All models are being reprogrammed to sound even more accurate and lively than before,

Remember the Acoustic upgrade? Think of it like that, except on every other model on the guitar.

• Upvote 1

It will be a complete overhaul of the modeling technology. All models are being reprogrammed to sound even more accurate and lively than before,

Remember the Acoustic upgrade? Think of it like that, except on every other model on the guitar.

Ohhhhh.....  :wub:

So.....

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

:D

Ohhhhh.....  :wub:

So.....

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????

Are we there yet?????...

You will know when it happens, no matter what the new modeling sounds like the forum will be flooded with posts that say:

"I liked the old tones better."

followed by

"Well, you can always roll back your firmware to the previous version."

Repeated ad infinitum.

that's typically the way it goes....

i'd be surprised to see much of that this go around ;)

You will know when it happens, no matter what the new modeling sounds like the forum will be flooded with posts that say:

followed by

Repeated ad infinitum.

• Upvote 1

that's typically the way it goes....

i'd be surprised to see much of that this go around ;)

followed by

Repeated ad infinitum.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Just go to to the JTV product page and keep tapping the F5 key on your keyboard. :D

Cheers,

Crusty

Have done that since last week. 

I'm starting to feel dizzy, but hopefully my wife will find me in a couple of days and bring me food and beer.  :D

I recommend, you clear some space on your credit cards, and start looking for a good price :)

On a serious note, I am waiting for 2.0 before I purchase a JTV.  I have a 500 and I do want to upgrade but I am going to wait and see how folks like the 2.0 models. 

I led a team that did software beta-testing and anytime any additional functionality or fixes were addressed, you had to completely test and retest every possible scenario to make sure it didn't adversely affect another area.  So Line 6 take all the time you need!