Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro X And Fbv Shortboard

sozeg

Hi,

Is the HDPro X definitely compatible with the FBV shortboard? If so do the A,B,C,D pedals carry out the same function as the F1,F2,F3,F4 on a normal 500x? It looks to me like you lose the looper controls? Does anyone use this set up and can they comment on how good/bad it is compared to the functionality of the controls on a 500x board.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

works just fine, there are function buttons on the newer one that switches into looper mode.

you can certainly control the looper with the MKI model... you just may have to go to the rack unit to turn it on.

i can't confirm, but that's my understanding.

The shortboard mkI works just fine with the pro, I have used mine since I got the pro and haven't had any problems. Yes the abcd buttons function as the fs buttons and you can access the looper just fine with the foot switch on the top to the left of the screen. I don't remember how it is labeled at the moment I repainted and relabeled mine awhile back to the new naming scheme. I'm not sure what aspects you miss with the mkI vs mkII but I don't miss them it does everything I need it to.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm thinking of upgrading to 500x and toyed with the idea of getting a pro. I use in ear monitors and thought I could maybe get a rack with the pod and my iem transmitter all set up in then rack case ready to go. I like the look of the pod 500x though and quite fancy the new foot switches etc. the FBv board doesn't look as good but from the sounds of it does everything the same.