Photo

Can't Save To Hardware

tones save to hardware amplifi 150

Best Answer pianojunky , 26 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

Didn't delete and reinstall but it magically started working again. The only change is I updated my iPad. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pianojunky

pianojunky

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

For some reason the amplifi app won't let me save to the amplifi. When in first had the amplifi it worked great, however, I haven't been able to 'save to hardware' for the past few weeks. Anybody else having this issue?

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5050 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

Are you pulling a tone from a match or my tones?

I had this happen to me a few times, and it seemed like it was because I made no edits to the tone.

#3 pianojunky

pianojunky

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

I am pulling from my tones.

#4 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5050 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:28 AM

make sure you edit the tone first, otherwise the option might still be greyed out.

I haven't had a chance to double check this yet.

#5 pianojunky

pianojunky

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

They are edited tones.
The strange thing is the 'Save to Hardware' is not grayed out. It looks like I should be able to press it, but nothing happens.
I think I'll go the route of deleting the app and reinstalling it to see if that will clear things up.

#6 archtopeddy

archtopeddy

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

They are edited tones.
The strange thing is the 'Save to Hardware' is not grayed out. It looks like I should be able to press it, but nothing happens.
I think I'll go the route of deleting the app and reinstalling it to see if that will clear things up.

May be a good idea to reinstall.  Be sure to save any favorite tones by publishing them.

Meanwhile, I just checked mine and I don't seem to be having your problems... most of the time.  Just for the record, here's what happens when it works correctly (on my iPhone 4S):  First,  go to "My Tones" (where the Save to Hardware is grayed out) and pick the tone I want to use. It gets highlighted in red and the "Save to Hardware" lights up. I tap "Save to Hardware" and it takes me to the "Hardware" page and I select one of the four presets. It immediately changes name to the new tone with a red banner. When I hit "Done", a timer spins for a couple of seconds and a green banner appears quickly at the bottom of the screen with a message saying "Save to Hardware was successful to location XX".

Now here's what strange...  sometimes when I go back to my "AMPLIFIED 150" from the main page to see if the changes took hold. It shows the correct tone patches including the new tone but when I back-track to "My Tones", I can't get "Save to Hardware" to work with another tone.  I think this sounds like the problem you're having.  Sometimes the "Save to Hardware" is lit, sometimes it's not.  Either way, it doesn't seem to work.  I usually close the app, go to "Settings", double-check the bluetooth connection, do the hokey pokey and turn the app back on.  Usually this fixes things.  So...  I think it's temperamental even when it's working correctly.

#7 pianojunky

pianojunky

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:58 PM   Best Answer

Didn't delete and reinstall but it magically started working again. The only change is I updated my iPad.

#8 Fkavka

Fkavka

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

They are edited tones.

I am having this exact same issue. I've tried from both my ipad2 and iphone4 and in both cases the "save to hardware" is not greyed out but nothing happens when I press it. All other functions of the app and amp work fine. The firmware is the latest version. Short of deleting and reinstalling has anyone found another solution?!? Thanks.

#9 archtopeddy

archtopeddy

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

Try closing the app, going to "Settings", double-checking the bluetooth connection, turning the bluetooth connection off and back on again, and then turning the app back on.  No promises, but sometimes this works for me.

#10 bitmobruce

bitmobruce

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

I am having the same problem. Save to hardware only works very occasionally - mostly grayed out.

I tried all of the above suggestions - nadda.

#11 bitmobruce

bitmobruce

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:11 AM

I solved the problem by downloading a newer version of the app. Works OK now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tones, save to hardware, amplifi 150

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users