Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Owner Of Hd500x

offtheroad

there are so many different aspects and so many tutorials video and otherwise...  try not to get overwhelmed and approach it in smaller pieces.

Good advice. When I started with the HD500 and learning how to play guitar at the same time it was alot to chew on, especially after years of unmusical things I worked on and around as a machinist/mechanic. Took me along time reading the forum, manuals online, and trial and error. Being so new to guitar many times I didn't know if it was me and my authritis, inability to any music at all, lol, the guitars, or the device itself. I never thought the device was at fault as much as the others and I never exchanged it, instead I figured it out by contantly making new patches. I used cutomtone a bit with my X3Pro and found out they are only good for getting an idea of how a patch might be put together. Play around with the different amps first to see all the different sounds you can get just from them alone, many times i just use the amp alone and am learning new ways to play guitar. When you start to use the effects and run stereo patches it can be fun and challenging at the same time. For me a lifetime of fun. Enjoy. Feel free to check the few tones I've uploaded into cutometone, they may not all sound good for you, but you might get some ideas. Just remember when opening patches keep your master down until you get the hang of it.