Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My Living Room Smells Like Weed

Starting this morning my living room suddenly started to smell like weed.... It could be possible that it´s because I have unpacked now my L3T´s... :)

Yes, indeed: I have jumped the band wagon and got hold of 2 L3T´s and one L3s this week.

So far I was only able to plug in my Fender acoustic guitar into the built-in mixer on one of the L3T´s, but it´s really an impressive, clear sound. Maybe the L3T´s and the S are a little bit oversized for our acoustic group, because L2T´s would have done the job also (and would be much lighter ;)), but on the other hand it was just a few bugs more and the 3 have a little bit more punch so I can use them even without the L3S for a good sound, so that was my intention to go with the 3 and not the 2´s to be more flexible....

Was not able to check the connection to the M20d, because I´m still waiting on the cables to enable the L6 Link connection. Well, I could use the analog inputs, but since I plan to use the L6 link on stage that would not make too much sense right now.

One thing I have discovered that it seems there´s something rolling around on the inside on the bottom of the speaker. Could this be a loose screw or something like that? Can I open the speaker myself to check what´s rolling around? Nevertheless the speaker is working, though. I will check on the other one as well to see if there´s something rolling in there also right now.

Hey bassman24... welcome to the fold!

Ordinary mic cables can be used for L6Link for testing purposes and many people use them all the time, just observe that longer cable runs are more likely to cause problems. If you got some shorter mic cables, use them. Go on, give it a whirl, you know you want to!

Oh and the smell is something that has been reported extensively in the past but I thought they'd got over that pungent snag.

I didn't bring mine into the house for a long period so not sure whether mine emitted that odour!

Will give that a try. Thanks for the Info. The smell is not too strong at all. The coffin for my acoustic guitar has a much stronger smell of glue, even after 3 weeks of laying around with opened lid.

By the way I found the thing rolling around in the speaker: It was a loose wood screw rolling around in the bottom fold of the speaker (fortunate enough it wan't on the inside of the L3T). From what I could see there's no screw missing somewhere on the outside. Maybe it got lost during assembly in there.

I just use regular mic cables for any runs 20 feet and under and DMX cables for anything over 30 feet.  Been gigging and rehearsing with the full stage scape system for over a year and never had a problem.  The smell does eventually go away.  The system truly is scalable and you can just bring what you need for whatever you're doing. 

"Suck it up!!! Hahaha" Some oders have the ability to "stick" around for quite a while. I remember my homeroom in high school wreaked of the it in the morning. I saw one of the science teachers smoking it at a side door near the fields in between classes, Hahahahaaa. I couldn't believe my eyes. I had this red eyed teacher's class and he would just make us copy notes off the chalk board which was completely filled with the content of the day. He must have stocks in notebooks or something, if so he made a fortune, lol. All in the name of science right?