Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Which Series Has The Best Modeling

hmh772

Thinking of buying a Line6 head unit to begin playing with a new band. Im trying to decide which amp has the best modeling that Line6 has. Besides the tube amps, Im trying to decide between the Flextone series, Spiders or the HD147. Is any one better than the other. Effects arent that important but the amp modeling is. Maybe someone has compared these and can give me a point in the right direction. Thanks

• 3 months later...

A lot DOES depend on the type of music you are playing.  For Metal, people tend to stay away form Spider models, in general.   There is no quesiton that the Spider IV amp modeling is a considerable improvement from earlier series.   Only you can judge what works best for you.

• 5 weeks later...

My personal opinion from owning a ClassicLine6 original amps a Spider I, and III , a POD and now I Gig with a Spider IV 75. The Spider IV has been the best for me. I do think the SpiderValve MKII might have a sweeter tone due to tubes. But I will say without the editing software and the FBV board I never could have dialed in my amp like I can now. I cover a large  range of styles so the versatility of the Spider IV with its compressors and reverbs that I didn't have before on earlier models makes it the best solid state /digital in my book I'm a LINE6 believer