Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Heavy Metal With A Strat And X3pro?

Brazzy

I'm no expert guitar player or sound guy but I like playing around with this stuff. Was play'in around with SP/DIF and ran the Dry out from an HD500 and into X3Pro's SP/DIF in and toyed around with the X3Pro's J800 and EQ monitoring with "cheapo" headphones from the X3's headphone out. Recorded with Audacity. Using the Bridge PUP on the knockoff Strat that I have I got this tone that kinda sounds like a Slayer Tone. Check it out if ya want >>Slayer Tone sound? Here's the Patch. Don't be shy, tell me if it's close or if I need to harvest the potatoes from my ears, lol. Also, if anyone has any tips about EQing please let me know what I can do to improve. Oh and if ya notice a rythem issue in my playing that's just from the poisons that are still coursing through my body from one of my past jobs, Hahahaaaa.

Edited by Brazzy

careful now, the last time we tried to get a Slayer tone for JCM800 this went on for days and devolved into a serious debacle...  where is that Master of Mayhem anyways?

Heeeeeyyyyyy, your not implying I'm poking at that now are Yaaaaaaaaa? Hahahaahaaa In all Sin Cerity that thread sparked my interest in this and even though my fingers may not be up to the task playing this stuff I still like the challenge. Practice makes perfect, so I hear. I'm having fun what can I say.