Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mission Engineering Ep1-l6 Or L6 Ex-1

Palico

I was reading some thread that the ME EP1-L6 using a 10k resisitor which causes the pedal to only use about 70% of the throw. I'm looking to get a expression pedal to use with a HD 500x live. Does the Ex-1 not have this problem? I understand the ME is heavy metal pedal but that would be show stopper for me as I plan to use it mostly as a volume pedal.

I use the EX-1, no experience with the ME - I've found the EX is pretty iffy as regards throw, you really have to tweak the Min and Max values in the HD to get a decent experience, and personally I can't seem to get a good Zero level with a smooth throw.  Always have just a bit bleeding through at minimum.

Wish L6 had put a trim pot on that thing, like the Rolands - but what the hey, work with what ya got....

I use the EX-1 as well and while it is not top of the line, I got it on sale ro $30 so no complaints.  It definitely does the job and would work fine as a dedicated volume pedal.  Leave the more complicated stuf to the built in pedal.  Or spring for the more expensive one...