3 replies to this topic

#1 Zhorell

Zhorell

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

Novice question here; will the Effects works with an external preamp hook up in the loop return? I'd like to use the Power (Bogner) section with a tube (randall rm4) preamps..

If not? is there a way to bypass the digital amp modeling? connecting into guitar input to utilize the effects? 

#2 napynap

napynap

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationPalmdale, CA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Novice question here; will the Effects works with an external preamp hook up in the loop return? I'd like to use the Power (Bogner) section with a tube (randall rm4) preamps..

If not? is there a way to bypass the digital amp modeling? connecting into guitar input to utilize the effects? 

Please specify which SV you have. I will only comment on the SV MkII (Bogner) here.

1st and 2nd question: No, the effects will be bypassed.  [Edit from SV MkII Pilot guide, #14: Power Amp In – ...You can then use the POWER
AMP IN either as an input from another preamp or multi-effects unit like the POD X3 Live or as a “series effects return”.]

3rd question: Anything connected to the guitar input will utilize the tube preamp and effects. It's ok to connect guitar style pedal effects to this jack (like distortion, wah, etc..)

#3 jws1982

jws1982

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

napynap's right.   Sounds like you'd be a good candidate for an M13 effects board.

#4 sopesz

sopesz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

Hello! I like to know some technical parameter. I want to connect Gt8 multieffekt with "4 wires" and optimalize signal levels.

Please write for me:

Spider Valve MKII 100HD

Input level: ?dBu

and Impedance: ? Ohm

Pre out ?dBu, and imp.?Ohm

Power amp in ? dBu and imp

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users