Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Same Possibilities To Create A Sound As If A Real Amp In My House.

sapalma

HOLA!

I am looking for ways to create sounds in my hd500 to be as real as possible. I mean, I want to be sure to be listening to the right thing. 
It happened that after editing a sound (I thought right) then I found very different in other audio systems. I know, it is normal that the systems audio sound distinct from one enclosure to another, even more if they are different systems. 
The aim: Same possibilities to create a sound as if a real amp in my house. 
Which is the best? Headphones? Professional Monitors? Home monitors? Another thing?

Thank you very much to all!

FRFR, Active PA, I play and practice loud in my house using a crappy Mackie Thump, not the best but it is an active powered PA. The HD500 has the amps, mics, cabs and editing controls, tweak away bro and good luck. Ha ha once your hooked though you will never end the search for tone, trust me..too bassy..too trebly. Differs from venue to venue, at the least the powered monitor will only slightly colour the tone, depending on how much you spend or which PA you buy. Heard the QSC K range are good, and the RCF Art

Haha, of course, the "perfection" is always one step beyond. 

But could do know that if we are planning to raise low, it is really necessary, and not because the system (speakers or PA) is trimming. 

In that case, there is a recommendation for headphones and / or speakers?

HOLA!

I am looking for ways to create sounds in my hd500 to be as real as possible. I mean, I want to be sure to be listening to the right thing. 

It happened that after editing a sound (I thought right) then I found very different in other audio systems. I know, it is normal that the systems audio sound distinct from one enclosure to another, even more if they are different systems. 

The aim: Same possibilities to create a sound as if a real amp in my house. 

Which is the best? Headphones? Professional Monitors? Home monitors? Another thing?

Thank you very much to all!

I'm not really sure I understand what you are asking. If you could clarify:

What do you mean by:

"Audio Systems"?

..."listening to the right thing"

"Same possibilities to create a sound as if a real amp in my house."

That last one is the most confusing. You want it to sound like a " real" amp in your house, yet you are asking if you should use headphones?

Thanx for clarifying

I'm not really sure I understand what you are asking. If you could clarify:

What do you mean by:

"Audio Systems"?

..."listening to the right thing"

"Same possibilities to create a sound as if a real amp in my house."

That last one is the most confusing. You want it to sound like a " real" amp in your house, yet you are asking if you should use headphones?

Thanx for clarifying

You are right. The English is not my native language , I'm using a translator. Sorry for the confusion . I'll try to improve .

"Audio systems" I mean PA, Power + speakers , etc. . Not instrument amplifier .
" listening to the right thing" Haha . I mean listen to what I do in the POD , and the means ( "Audio systems" ) to respond without altering the results. For example , highlight or hide certain frequencies.
"Same possibilities to create a sound as if real amp in my house . " Same as above . For example , working with a real instrument amplifier , only I worry about adjusting knobs to get the right tone because then I get the whole cabinet (speakers and amp) and I have not altered more than the usual reverbs from different environments . But working with emulators , things are usually very diferetnes from one environment to another , as it depends on audio systems that are in each room.

Thanks for the time and patience.

I think I get it. The only advice I would give is to trust your ears. Don't bog yoursel down in what you think a "real" amp is supposed to sound like or what frequency something is or isn't. If it sounds good, go with it! Unles you are playing through a guitar amplifier, you are 

not going to sound like you are playing through a guitar amplifier. Don't worry about that. Turn some knobs, listen to some amp demos on Youtube or something and dial in a tone. Don't try to copy an amp frequency by frequency. Instead attempt to emulate the essence of a particular amp.

We are supposed to be playing music, not maping frequency.

I hope this makes sense.

I think I get it. The only advice I would give is to trust your ears. Don't bog yoursel down in what you think a "real" amp is supposed to sound like or what frequency something is or isn't. If it sounds good, go with it! Unles you are playing through a guitar amplifier, you are 

not going to sound like you are playing through a guitar amplifier. Don't worry about that. Turn some knobs, listen to some amp demos on Youtube or something and dial in a tone. Don't try to copy an amp frequency by frequency. Instead attempt to emulate the essence of a particular amp.

We are supposed to be playing music, not maping frequency.

I hope this makes sense.

"as if real amp in my house"

The title suggest that you are just playing at home which gives you several choices, if you are playing out live, that's a different requirement.

For playing at home you could use studio monitors, the Stagesource speakers(s) or the DT series amps. If you are recording, then I believe that the studio monitors is your best choice because you will hear everything that the pod produces. Keep in my that guitar amps/speakers do not have as wide of a frequency response as studio monitors with most going down to about 120 Hz  depending on the cabinet design and the installed speaker. The studio monitors have a range that is typically 30 to 20 across the spectrum. I believe that the Stagesource in "electric guitar" mode rolls off some of the highs to replicate a guitar amp and the DT series will not produce the same frequency response as a set of studio monitors.

So you really have to decide what you want to do "at home" as your question states. The DT series may be too loud, I don't know how good the Stagesource sounds at low volume so the studio monitors may be your best choice. I would suggest at least a 6 inch driver in the studio monitors. The best scenario would be to audition them all if possible and your budget would also play a big part in the decision.

Maybe someone who has compared studio monitors with the Stagesource at home can chime in.

I will address the issue from another point of view and being more extremist.

In the room where I rehearse with my band , we use a 6-channel mixer , a power "Crown " and a couple of very inexpensive baffle ( 15 "cone and driver )
That system is not at all reliable. Explain why. The speakers have poor sound, to get saturated or driver screaming. If I use it to create a sound , it would be something " unreal " because the speaker is distorting and makes me (my ear) suppose pod setting (amps ) have much in drive amplifier ( pod ) ... then , spinning down the drive knob on the amp block and / or overdrive pedal and I get what I want . The fact is that if I intend to then record directly to a PC, the patch is not believed what I thought !

What I have in mind is to get the best monitors possible ( within acceptable costs) and configure my sound at home. If then in the rehearsal room , I need re equalize from the mixer. Always thinking they are minor adjustments. And that's why I look for the best way to listen to in my house. And do not talk about issues of volume level.