Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What Is The Quickest Way To Turn Off Effects On A Patch (@ A Change) On A 500x

noiz

Short version: What is the quickest way to turn off all effects on a 500x?

Long Version: I have a song intro that I used to just  use a Particle Verb on my M9 that i used to just click off when the actual song starts..

I am setting up a 500x  to use live , I created a patch that has about 6 effects..but not sure the best way to switch that off when the song starts...

I concur with assigning all effects you want to toggle to one footswitch. This is what I do and you're not switching patches... possibly going up when you meant to go down, or pressing the left patch switch when you meant to press the right... which can be a problem in a "live" setting. ;)

Short version: What is the quickest way to turn off all effects on a 500x?

While the other solution of assigning everything to the same FS could certainly work, it has serious limitations in it being an all or nothing solution.  I would suggest keeping your effects assigned to separate FS but assigning the mix for all of them to the same expression pedal.  That way you have your effects "ON" with the pedal toe down for example and "OFF" with it heel down.  You can then turn individual effects on and off during play as necessary... mix and match any way you like...

Just another way to skin the cat...

While the other solution of assigning everything to the same FS could certainly work, it has serious limitations in it being an all or nothing solution.  I would suggest keeping your effects assigned to separate FS but assigning the mix for all of them to the same expression pedal.  That way you have your effects "ON" with the pedal toe down for example and "OFF" with it heel down.  You can then turn individual effects on and off during play as necessary... mix and match any way you like...

Just another way to skin the cat...

WOW - what page do I find how to do that!. . .I thought you could only assign 1 parameter to it...never said I was smart

WOW - what page do I find how to do that!. . .I thought you could only assign 1 parameter to it...never said I was smart

Pg 35 of the Advaced guide.  You can assign up to 50 separate parameters to the expression pedal simultaneously.  It is one of the most overlooked features but allows amazing creative possibilities. 

I prefer to do it on the computer in HD Edit on the Controllers tab.  Just pick the model you want, assign a FS for ON/OFF, choose the Parameter you want the pedal to control and which Pedal you want to use.  For OD/Distortion use "Output", zero-whatever and for delays, reverbs, chorus etc, use "Mix", zero-whatever. 

Save the patch to the computer first, then "Send" it to the POD and save it on the POD too.  Don't press any of the POD FS while you are editing with HD Edit until you have done this or the patch will get messed up.

Just assign a single switch to all of the effects you want to toggle.

So, for example, set:

reverb1: fs1

reverb2: fs1

delay1: fs1

delay2: fs1

etc.

Duh... this is a much better than mine. please ignore mine. Awesomesauce!