4 replies to this topic

#1 Voodoods

Voodoods

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

I've read that the pre-amps in HD500 are the best to use with DT50 and DT25, so I've put a setlist together with all of the pres as a baseline for my patch creation. The problem I encountered was that the volumes varied WILDLY and I kept blowing up my ears going from the quietest amp (Hiway-100 apparently) and a Treadplate for example. Of course one amp is louder than the other, but for home use, or testing, having these patches be leveled is a must

So I've gone through and leveled out (with the MIXER setting) all 30 of the pre amps to be very roughly the same loudness. There is definitely some variance. If anyone cares to correct them more properly, please do so and post the update.

In this setlist, Hiway-100 is the quietest amp- I have the db setting on the mixer maxed, so I used that setting as the baseline for loudness of all the other amps. Very unscientific, but now I don't get ringing ears if I'm switching between.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files

#2 Melissiah

Melissiah

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

I don't want to break your fun but an experimented guy posted in theses forums to not play a lot with mixer cause it change sound in some way. From his experience, he said the the only level that doesnt affect the sound is the volume knob in the amp preset.

My Dream Rig Studio:

http://line6.com/sup...your-dream-rig/

My dream rig presets for now 1.9

www.monsieurmaxime.com/resources/Melissiah.zip

www.monsieurmaxime.com/resources/Shine%20on.zip

#3 Voodoods

Voodoods

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Well there you go, sport - get to editing and post your set. Then compare this one to yours. Let us know which is better to your ears =)

I don't want to break your fun but an experimented guy posted in theses forums to not play a lot with mixer cause it change sound in some way. From his experience, he said the the only level that doesnt affect the sound is the volume knob in the amp preset.

#4 Melissiah

Melissiah

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

Oh no I won't. I don't have your patience with this. Thanks for the setlist by the way. I'm using it just to quickly compare amps but when I start to build a sound, I set mixer to 0, master to 50-60% and I adjust the volume of the patch to fit my others with the volume knob. I'm not saying that's the only good way to do it but from my readings on this forum I think it's a good start. Anyway I'm still at the starting stage messin around with same input vs dual... 

Have fun

My Dream Rig Studio:

http://line6.com/sup...your-dream-rig/

My dream rig presets for now 1.9

www.monsieurmaxime.com/resources/Melissiah.zip

www.monsieurmaxime.com/resources/Shine%20on.zip

#5 parowfarat

parowfarat

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

Does  this experiment really works for you? i tested and absolutely didnt come up the right tune

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hd500, hd-500, dt25, dt-25, dt50, dt-50

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users