Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Xt Live - Sending My Guitar Through Only One Output?

Hey, first of all I'd like to say that I'm a proud owner of the Pod XT live, I love the thing, the effects are simply gorgeous and the amps are really good as well. I love how it's easily customizable and the way it works, and if I could just make it do ONE MORE thing, it'd be my dream pedal for sure.

Now here's the thing: I play two instruments when I play live with my band, one of them is obviously my guitar, which goes through the Pod, the other one is a midi keyboard that I use in combination with a laptop PC to play samples of pads.

Up until now, I've been using my onboard soundcard and simply directly connecting the PC to the mixer via mono cable through its headphone jack, and that works for me. However, I thought I'd take advantage of the Pod if possible, and use its built-in sound card to get an amplified signal and not have to depend on the onboard sound card for this.

For this to be possible, I have to seperate the audio signal that the Pod gets from the PC, from my guitar signal. Otherwise the pads (from the PC) would go through my guitar amp, and I don't want that. I want them to go straight to the mixer. I use Reaper and NI Absynth to make the pads, but that's not important right now. I've managed to set it up through Reaper so that the pads are hearable only through one of the outputs (L/mono, as opposed to Right), but I don't know how (if it's at all possible) to make the guitar go ONLY to the second input (the one that the pads aren't using), and not through the one they are using, so I can send only my guitar to the amp, and only the pads to the mixer. I don't want the signals to overlap.

Basically like in this picture:
post-1621017-0-28374600-1398730063_thumb.jpg

I hope the pic makes it clearer because I know all this sounds confusing, and to be frank I kinda think I'm asking for the impossible, but I decided to give it a shot anyway. :)