4 replies to this topic

#1 MGblade

MGblade

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:58 AM

To make a long tale short, i found my stolen dt25 and hd500 at a pawnshop in a town close to mine, unfortunatly they took of the serial number stickers, does anybody know if a serial nr is placed anywhere within the amp and hd500?

grts Marcel

#2 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:58 AM

There's a stamping of a long number under the chassi, I'm sure that can help identify it. If you take the chassi out of the cabinet and turn it over look in there carfully without poking your fingers around, so as not get "electrocuted". you might find a number in there. I found one in my DT50.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist" "And Ya Know It"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#3 innovine

innovine

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

Can the monkey software read a serial number from the amp via software?

#4 MGblade

MGblade

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

thanks, contacted line6, they told me there is no second serial nr in the amp, maybe they are wrong.

#5 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

thanks, contacted line6, they told me there is no second serial nr in the amp, maybe they are wrong.

They might be right. The number I found on the underside of the chassis maybe something else, but I can use it as an identifier. Whenever I get new gear I take pictures inside and out to get the serial sticker numbers and while I'm doing that I put my own identifying markings somewhere inconspicuous so if it gets taken I can postively identify it when need be. I learned years ago when I caught somebody stealing my tools in my own shop, lol, and in some of the job shops (Machine Shops) I worked at.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist" "And Ya Know It"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users