5 replies to this topic

#1 robert689

robert689

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

I bought my FBV MkII Express used and it only came with a usb. I was under the impression that the cable to connect to my Spider IV would come with it but it didn't. I've read the F.A.Q.s and I know using the wrong cable could fry the pedal before i even get a chance to use it.

I've looked online for a standard CAT 5/6 with the correct ends, but I'm having trouble telling the difference between a "cross-over" and a "straight". I'm lost here. Can someone please point me in the right direction, maybe even an amazon link, with a cable that will work and not damage the pedal? I've searched the Line6 store and forums but came up with nothing.

Thanks in advance.

#2 JeffersteinVS

JeffersteinVS

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ds=cat6 15 feet

Complete Dream Stage./JTV-59k/HD500X/RELAY G30  Guitar Player for VelvetSkies. 90's to Modern Party Rock Boston Ma. VelvetSkiesBand.com

#3 robert689

robert689

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Thanks again, just placed the order.

#4 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:18 AM

Your FBV should have come with the cable - if you bought it new, consider returning it to the store for a replacement as you may have got a 'slightly used' one where someone forgot to include the cable when they reutrned it.

#5 robert689

robert689

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

It was used, but the cable recommended by Jeff works perfectly. I also had an old printer that used the same usb as the pedal. So i am updated and downloading custom tones as i type this.

I can't thank you guys enough.

#6 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:05 AM

Oh, sorry, the pedal does NOT come with a USB cable, I thought you were referring to the CAT 5 cable that connects the pedal to an amp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users