Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd 500x As Mic Interface For Recording

troublegth

hey,
i am about to buy the pod hd 500x and saw there is an Mic input on the back so im wondering:
Can i use it to mic my real amp? like putting in a shure or what ever ?
If yes can I play first record the clean guitar get it throu my amp and record it in the same time with my pod hd?

Hey there,

The 500x is a great interface with presets that you can use for recording vocals, acoustic guitars ect..

What your looking to do sounds a lot like re-amping, here's a link that goes into an example of re-amping:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re-amp#Example_of_re-amping

Keep in mind you can control mic model, mic placement, early reflection, cab thump, bias, hum, and even sag which gives stellar studio recorded quality results when plugging into your DAW via USB.

Or if it's not re-amping then you can send the mic'd signal down channel A, routed to the L output unprocessed (i.e., dry), and also send it down channel B, routed to the R output with whatever processing you want (i.e., wet). The only potential issue may be the extra delay added by the processing in channel B. You may need to add EQ blocks (set to flat frequency response) to channel A to equalize the delays between the two channels if you want to combine the wet/dry signals at some point,

okay what i want to with the 500x
1. Record my real amp (not only the with the 500x)
(1.2) While using some Effect before Amp and in the Loop
2. "re-Amp" so i can play first and send this signal from the line 6(connected via usb with my pc) and after this send this signal to the amp while recording with the 500x?
3. Everything, record first the signal, send it from the pc/line6 to the amp with some Effect before the amp and some in the loop and record it all in the same time
If yes i will order it this week lol