Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sonic Port 1/4" Mono/stereo Output

I currently use a POD HD300. In "Dual" output mode I send the left 1/4" output to a custom Fender Pro Jr. on stage and the right 1/4" output to the FOH PA. I'm interested to know if the 1/4" Mono/Stereo output of the Sonic Port could be used in the same manner using an insert cable. Also, my favorite sound from the HD300 is "High Strung". Is that sound available to be included in the Sonic Port?

Thank you.

I'm pretty certain that i'd asked this question and have gotten confirmation that you are correct.

the processing power needed for the HD models exceeds the capabilities of the apple products, especially if you want to also run things like garageband etc...

I have to say though. the models are quite serviceable and work well despite the age of the technology.

I think the App the Sonic POrt uses to generate guitar tones is based upon the POD 2 so you get 32 amps and 16 effects. Not directly compatible with the HD range.

Does anyone have any thoughts about the other part of my question concerning the stereo line out on the Sonic Port? I'm referring to whether or not that output could send a signal to an on-stage amplifier AND the FOH PA using an insert cable? If that would work then the issue would be could I create a sound using Pod 2.0 technology that is adequately similar to a particular patch I like on the HD300. Thanks for any thoughts.

I'm pretty certain that i'd asked this question and have gotten confirmation that you are correct.

the processing power needed for the HD models exceeds the capabilities of the apple products, especially if you want to also run things like garageband etc...

I have to say though. the models are quite serviceable and work well despite the age of the technology.

• 1 year later...