Photo

Distortion Differences

Best Answer Triryche , 05 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

There is an updated version  of the app, I would install it, and make sure your AMPLIFi has the most recent firmware.

The only other thing I can think of is if it is changing from tone matching, I doubt that's your issue, just throwing it out there.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brad_Ames

Brad_Ames

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

My amp has had some weird distortion issues recently...the patches I've made keep sounding routinely worse as if the speakers on the amp are going, as proof I went to my local music shop and tried them on another amplifi and they sounded fantastic...is my amp dying?

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5000 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

I would stream some music to it and see how it sounds.

Or connect an MP3 player directly to it with the Aux in.

#3 Brad_Ames

Brad_Ames

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

Music sounds as great as ever, except for the drums always sound choppy now, other than that it sounds fine

New development too: amp is dropping connection to the device, stays connected to BT But the app always states "not connected" so I can't use tones...happens ever 30 secs or so on a consistent basis.

#4 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5000 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:08 PM   Best Answer

There is an updated version  of the app, I would install it, and make sure your AMPLIFi has the most recent firmware.

The only other thing I can think of is if it is changing from tone matching, I doubt that's your issue, just throwing it out there.

#5 Brad_Ames

Brad_Ames

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

There is an updated version of the app, I would install it, and make sure your AMPLIFi has the most recent firmware.

Updated the app again, and signed back in...I'm happy my amp is now sounding just fine, I guess the sound patches just went funky. Now I can do some songs and give this Gem a proper review! I didn't know the new update was out, thanks to L6 for a good update!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users