Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How To Record With Pod Hd300 In Cubase 5?

sammyguitarist

so i have this pod hd300 (not mine) and i want to play guitar through it. i connected the pod to my laptop via usb, i have the latest drivers available (installed them with line 6 monkey) and the problem is that i can't find the pod in the "inserts" menu on an audio track in cubase 5. i have selected the pod as my audio interface and i selected the pod as default driver in control panel in the  "sounds" menu. it's strange because in cubase i can see that there is input and output when i play guitar but i can't hear anything from the pod.

connect the monitor speakers or your headphones to the POD

it doesn't say anywhere in the manual that i need to connect my speakers or my headphones to the pod. i thought i just have to connect the pod to my pc/laptop with the usb cable and i could hear my playing throught the pc/laptop speakers.

• Downvote 1

No - when your Pod is connected, and especially when you select it in Cubase as your audio interface device, it becomes your soundcard. Your internal computer soundracrd, and hence the speakers connected to it, are bypassed. You need to connect speakers/headphones to the Pod outputs to hear the audio.

As for the manual, here's the part you missed (page 8-2):

Audio Routing
When using the POD HD USB connection, the audio driver manages several tasks. The driver feeds the processed guitar signal out the USB Record Send to your computer and receives playback audio from the computer. It also grabs the processed guitar signal before routing it to the Record Send, to provide a low latency monitor signal, and then mixes the monitor signal with the playback audio and feeds this combined signal to your POD HD analog outputs.

what is the purpose of sending the pod signal to the pc via usb  if it cant be heard or recorded in a daw`?

i can see how the return signal is fed to the pod only, but then more than 1 soundcard can be used simultaneously, 1 out to/from pod, 1 out from pc soundcard.

one problem though: asio drivers allow only 1 same in- and output device

what is the purpose of sending the pod signal to the pc via usb  if it cant be heard or recorded in a daw`?

The signal sent from the pod to the pc can be heard and recorded in the DAW. I'm not sure what you mean. You are right about the ASIO protocol - that's why you use the Pod as both the audio input and output device.