Photo

Connecting Other Processors/modelers To Amplifi

modeler amplifi variax jtv

Best Answer Triryche , 09 May 2014 - 04:53 AM

All 5 speakers are always on. Crossovers determine which frequency range goes to which speakers.

The guitar in is expecting an Instrument Level signal, the aux-in is Line Level, so for processors you will definitely want to use the aux in.
Also, the aux is stereo in, the guitar-in is mono.

For regular stomp boxes you would use the guitar in.

Hope that helps. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 efxtr

efxtr

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

Dear all,

I've a few quick practical questions.

1- I see that Amplifi can successfully separate core guitar tone and effects, so as far as I understand, if I don't use any stereo effects or reverb etc. it only uses celestion speaker right? Or it also uses other 4 speakers even you have no effects and amp modeling (like bypassing modeling section)?

2- If I connect a multi-effects processor/amp modeler (pod hd500 for example) in "guitar-in" and use Amplifi as a speaker (again by-passing it's modeler section), does it use all five speakers or only celestion?

3- Is there any difference between connecting an amp modeler through guitar in vs. aux in regarding the speaker utilization, frequency range/distribution etc?

4- Elaborating question 3, if I connect variax through guitar in and use one of acoustic models, which speakers does Amplifi use, all speakers or only celestion?

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4997 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:53 AM   Best Answer

All 5 speakers are always on. Crossovers determine which frequency range goes to which speakers.

The guitar in is expecting an Instrument Level signal, the aux-in is Line Level, so for processors you will definitely want to use the aux in.
Also, the aux is stereo in, the guitar-in is mono.

For regular stomp boxes you would use the guitar in.

Hope that helps.

#3 efxtr

efxtr

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:11 AM

Thanks a lot Triryche, that made it clearer for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modeler, amplifi, variax, jtv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users