Photo

From The Headphone Out To The Mic Into Vaio Laptop (sounds Pretty Good)

headphones out spider jam recording

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

Was playing around recording my Spider Jam by injecting the mic input on my laptop (Vaio VGN AR630E) with headphone out from the amp. With minimal tweaking I had the hottest signal I could stream into Ableton Live, there is a noise floor, keep in mind I'm using the insane (red) model. Sounded pretty good, but the amp itself sounds even waaaay better, lol. Check out this clip.

Also, I was monitoring with latency from the laptop speakers (according to Ableton Live 8.2.8 > 41.3 ms's worth) I was not using ASIO I was using MME/DirectX driver and Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC input device. Suppose if I play with the amp settings I could get less noise floor.

Edited by Brazzy, 09 May 2014 - 09:22 AM.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: headphones out, spider jam, recording

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users