Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi And Ios Versions

Ricky916

Hi all. I'm about to buy an AMPLiFi 75 and wanted to know if it will work with iPad1 if I jailbreak it and upload iOS6. I was given the old iPad recently and since I'm an Android user figured this would solve my problems as I've no need for another device. However, I discovered the iPad 1 can't go higher than iOS 5 unless I jailbreak it, and then, from my understanding, upgrade to iOS 6 max. So I'm hoping that if the Line 6 app doesn't work on the iPad 1 it's because of the OS and that it will work on iOS 6. Can anyone help me on this?

If the iPad1 is a no go, then what about iPhone 4/4S? I might be able to get one of those, or even trade the iPad for one. It's of no use to me otherwise as I would use it only for the Line 6 app.

Thanks for your help. Any tips on the AMPLiFi, or links to them, would be greatly appreciated. I'm a long-time acoustic guitar player (40+ years), but new to the electric guitar--just bought an Epiphone Ltd Ed. Ultra 339. It has a USB port to play through a Laptop or PC and Native Instruments and Guitar Rig software packaged with it, but the AMPLiFi seems a lot more plug-and-play ready. I've been using my old mandolin amp so I'm anxious to get plugged into a real amp.

iPad 1 is no go, I have a pod touch on iOS 6.0.3 and it's doesn't run the app, plus iPad 1 memory is far too low, don't jump to an iPhone 4/4s instead try and get an iPod touch 5th generation, thy work just fine if amplifi is what you're wanting (and waaay cheaper)..it's an excellent amp

if the device can handle ios7 then the app will work... so yes a 4 or 4s would work. as well as some newer ipod touch devices.

the ipad mini even knew though is somewhat reasonably priced compared to the other options... and you can save a few bucks used if you wanted to.

if the device can handle ios7 then the app will work... so yes a 4 or 4s would work. as well as some newer ipod touch devices.

the ipad mini even knew though is somewhat reasonably priced compared to the other options... and you can save a few bucks used if you wanted to.

+20 for zap, I forgot about iPad mini..plus if you wanna save up some money, opt for. Retina mini, powerful, will be supported longer, iOS7. And there's plenty more to do than just amplifi app. Hint hint: anything iPad 2 or newer would be good to get (including phone/iPod as well)

• 5 months later...